Monday, June 13, 2011

PUDDLE 2011 a great success!

Another PUDDLE has come and gone, and I think this year's event was the smoothest yet. As some of you know, I wasn't feeling my best Saturday morning and it was wonderful how, with just minimal direction, everyone just took care of getting everything set up. A big thank you to everyone who helped make the event a success. We raised over $500 for the Willowbrook Wildlife Center. I also got a wonderful number of nude dolls for my housing authority doll programs. I should be set for at least two years.

There are threads on a number of doll forums where you can post comments or photos of PUDDLE to share with others who were there and those who weren't able to make it this year.

I will be writing up stories to submit to doll magazines in the next day or so. If you'd like to contribute photos, please email your best five to ten high resolution (right off the camera - no resizing) photos to me as soon as possible. (It is much easier for me to submit photos if you email them to me.) Please include your real name to be listed as the photographer.

Planning is already underway for PUDDLE 2012. If you filled out a survey at the event, thank you. If you have any comments on (1) where next year's event should be held; (2) what next year's theme should be; (3) what organization we should raise money for next year; or (4) anything else, please email it to me. Also, we are looking for bait dolls or heads to be turned into next year's customs!

One good bit of news - the hotel told me they had raised the meeting room rates when I booked the room last June. To my surprise, when I got a receipt, they charged us the same rate as last year! So that saved us over $100 which can be used as seed money for PUDDLE 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment